Monday, December 29, 2008

~ SD Gundam Impulse (Gashapon)

I wonder how many people collect SD Gundam gashapon version. I have been searching around many Malaysia's forum including forum specializes for Gundam but I can't find any SD gashapon collectors. I guess they are not popular in Malaysia. I have been collecting them since year 2000. But I stop after 2001 till 2005 as I couldn't find any capsules with SD Gundam. I continue to collect it back when I was working in a shopping mall. I walked around during my freetime in the mall. Suddenly, I found a gashapon machine that has SD Gundam capsules. So I tried my luck. However, everytime I only took 3 spin at the most for each series as these SD has new design over the time. Each SD cost 100yen. Each spin of these SD cost RM4 = 1 capsule token at Malaysia. They are kinda pricey but their cuteness and "playability" attracted me.

Its prepainted and is around 3cm tall. I think their mold and design looks better than SD BB Impulse. This SD Gundam Impulse is from "SD Gundam Full Colour Custom 3" series.


It can change colour. This is how impulse looks like before the special "battle system" is activated. Hehe, actually this grey Impulse is from another series i.e. special custom stage.



It has joints!!! Body parts and weapons can be separated. However, the waist is attached to upper body i.e. no joint. Too bad. If I am not mistaken, most of the Gundam's waist can twist starting from Gundam OO series. The specialty of this new generation of SD custom series is allowing you to combine multiple parts from other Gundam or MS to form a new MS or MA!!! This mean you can create your own Dream Gundam with your imagination + creativity!!! Japan even has special competitions for these kind of SD!!!


The features:
  • Maker: Bandai
  • Year of released: 2006
  • Series: SD Gundam Full Colour Custom 03 (Gashapon)
  • Material: PVC
  • 1.5" tall
  • Has limited joints
  • Painted
  • Customizable

Let's do some "Matrix" actions. xD The best part that I like is no need to worry these SD gonna break if they fall down as they are made from semi elastic PVC.


However, I am getting dissapointed with the new series of these SD as Bandai kept on reissuing the same mold but with different colour scheme. The worst part is plain transparent SD version. Anyway, if anyone get extra SD Strike Noir, Strike Freedom gundam gashapon version please let me know. We can have a small trade. ;)

5 comments:

janus lu said...

Wah! The SD Impulse looks pretty good & cute! You bought it in 1 set? How much???

Mr Skull said...

Got it last week from tikam......:P But no luck for SD Noir and freedom :(

Mr Skull said...

RM4 per tikam.....i took 9 tikam in days.....@@

janus lu said...

Wah! 9 tikam in a day, you are surely a SD fanatic! Salute bro! :)

Mr Skull said...

Haha once a while go tikam only......furthermore litt tak always suddenly change the tikam machine.....so u might see the series one time only :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails